Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fellowship Follow-up

Great time as always at Doug's Second Friday Of March Madness party. Some observations before I hit the sack:

Best food: Marshall brought wings from Wings To Go. They did not last long. (Another reason to get there early.)

Best drink: Dave had his Fair Blender and fruit in high fashion this year. I think the cherries really added that special something. Great smoothies. I had three.

Best dessert: Dr. Tim brought a tray of "ooey-gooeys." "Don't eat too many," he said, "or you'll be ooey-gooeying all night." OK.

Best food I missed: Dr. Tim also brought some meatballs in barbecue sauce. I saw them, but then filled my plate with wings and chips and guacamole. Totally forgot to go back and get meatballs. I'm sure they were good, though.

Weirdest food: Scotty brought his usual boxes of Ho-Hos and a bag of Twizzlers. He also had a greasy brown bag of cracklin' he got from some clients up from the bayou. Cracklin' is fried pig fat rolled in Cajun spices. I passed and had another round of smoothie.

Funniest comment about food: Doug--"When it comes to fried food, freshness is the most important factor."

Second funniest comment about food: Mike D, with a box of Ho-Hos in hand, to Dave as he was leaving--"Want some nappy-headed hos to go?"

Funniest comment about sports: Mike D--"I'd rather have a yogurt enema than watch an entire NBA game."

Funniest comment on world affairs: Marshall, putting forth a name for consideration for the ORU presidency--"Here's another name: Condi Rice." Dave--"Yeah, but I'm not in agreement with her position on the Palestinian situation." Me--"I don't think the ORU president has much say in the Palestinian situation."

World problems solved: All (except maybe the Palestinian issue).

Fun had: More than we deserve.

No comments: